Sunday, September 7, 2008

Music-Album-of-The-Day: The Script

So, last friday, I've finished downloaded some albums from the internet, first, Coldplay - Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends (a great album, loved it!), and the second was The Script, a new band from Irish (homeland of The Corrs, Westlife and of course U2). I'm not going to review Coldplay's album, but the other band, The Script.

Who the hell are they exactly? OK, according to wikipedia, The Script are a three-piece Irish Indie rock band from Dublin. They are currently based in London after signing to the RCA Label Group imprint Phonogenic. Mark and Danny are former producers who worked with Rodney Jerkins, the Neptunes, Teddy Reilly and Dallas Austin. They were based in the US, but moved back to Dublin where they recruited Glen for their new band. Mark and Danny were also members of a failed Louis Walsh boyband "My Town".

What? Boyband? Louis Walsh of Westlife? My Town???? Owmaigosh! I know them, they had a single back in the 99's, Party All Night, and I happen to have the clip from some music vcd. Oww, mungkin karena itu juga, waktu gue pertama kali mendengar lagunya, suara vokalisnya sangat-sangat familiar dan waktu googling for their pictures, all I got was this familiar face, bukan kebetulan juga kan? Eh, rupanya, bekas boyband toh! Peningkatan juga. Hehehehe...

So, pertama kali dengar lagu mereka di radio, lagunya We Cry. Kesan pertama, a catchy song, another indie-pop band with a little bit of
 soul and hip hop beats, have some similarities with Maroon 5, kalau didengar lebih teliti, suara vokalisnya (si Danny itu) dengan gaya agak-agak rap mirip sekali dengan Jason Mraz. Yup, pertama kali dengar, I though it was Jason Mraz, but I guess I was wrong karena suaranya lebih soulful, tinggi dan berkarakter, agak sedikit mirip dengan Ryan Tedder OneRepublic.

Karena lagunya cukup cocok, gue coba cari-cari lagi di limewire, and I got some more, their second single The Man Who Can't Be Moved and I'm Yours. Both songs are great! I love it, especially I'm Yours, an acoustic-ballad-easy-listening song with some thoughtful & deep lyric, dan tengah lagu, ada sedikit interlude petikan gitar bergaya Spanish guitar, it is great! Jadi, daripada mendownload satu-satu, just use torrent and download the full album.

For the album, I give 2.5 stars out of 5 karena albumnya average, nothing new, have similarities with Maroon 5, Daniel Powter, Ferras, an a few other pop-rock-acoustic-piano band/singer, yang membuat perbedaan adala
h suara vokalisnya yang cukup soulful dan berkarakter, lain dari itu, biasa-biasa saja. Ada 2 lagu di album ini yang bisa gue rekomen, The Man Who Can't Be Moved dan I'm Yours, other than that, I don't really like. But, if you like their songs, it is still worth a listen, cukup easy listening dan bisa didengar sambil lalu tanpa harus berkonsentrasi.
Here is their youtube video for their second single form the album, The Man Who Can Be Moved

Click here to go to their offical website.
And their myspace page.

So, Mr. E is humming I'm Yours.....

"I may not have the softest touch
I may not say the words as such

And though I may not look like much
I'm yours
And though my edges may be rough

And never feel I'm quite enough

It may not seem like very much

But I'm yours
...
"

xoxo,
E.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!