Sunday, February 13, 2011

Quote-of-the-Day - Dr. Mina Menard [Off The Map 01x05: I'm Here]



Mamie Gummer as Mina Minard; Off The Map
"I have something to say. No, umm, it's actually easier if you keep on your face.
In med school, the called me ice queen. 
They go, oh, one of the cadaver got loose, it's kinda mean.
Anyway, uh, the hand holding, and hugging, wouldn't mean anything to most people, but, I don't do that, not with patients or boyfriends, or even when I was little, crossing the street with my mother.
I just want you to know that I... it wasn't nothing, to me, it was something.
so..."
[Dr. Mina Menard - Off The Map 01x05: I'm Here]

So, yes, I think this girl has some serious intimacy issues. And guess what? In-a-way, I also have the same problem as she. I don't know why but it's true.
Maybe intimacy issues is a little bit too much, I think it would be better to say I have some kind of personal-space-issues.
I don't do hugging, hand holding, caressing, kissing *on the cheeks*, etc. 
I just don't.
Why is that? Because, I will be like, feeling weird & awkward if somebody do all kinds of those touchy-feely-thingy towards me, heck, just if someone lean towards me, I would be like a wee-bit freaked out.
I think, I just don't like when people go "all-over" me & start to "rub" everything on me, I would be maybe freaked out a little bit or even snapped. :) 
Yes, I need my own personal space & I don't like when my personal space is being "invaded" by others.
Mental isn't it?  

OK, .mister.dison., this what-so-called personal space has to STOP. How the hell are you going to be with someone if you feel like, oh-I-feel-awkward-if-somebody-touches-me-bla-bla-bla. Just loosen up a bit & let it flow. You don't have to be in control all the time, right?

Note:
Off The Map, a new medical drama series created by Jenna Bans with some help from Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice creator, Shonda Rimes. The series tells you about seven doctors in some remote South American village, working in some health clinic/hospital. And yes, there are a lot of drama + sex going on there. :)

xoxo,

1 comment:

gerandis said...

ha? seriusan kamu gak suka bersentuhan gitu? aaaah, jd pengen meluk! ed, peyuuuuuuk *PLAAAK!!!* *dpt tamparan RuPaul*
Ha? kenapa? kenapaaa? kau bilang gak mau bersentuhan, lalu..lau tangan siapa yg barusan melayang ke pipiku?!?! huwaaaaaa *OK, Lebay*